I’m assuming that just about everyone enjoys eating chocolate and peanut butter together as much as I do. Unless, of course, you are allergic to one or the other. In which case I apologize now because you are not going to be able to enjoy my new favorite sandwich.
I’m thankful I don’t have any nut allergies. Because I really like eating this stuff, and so do my kids.
I mean what could be better than chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas for lunch anyway?
Well, maybe bananas ON the peanut butter like this…
And maybe that piece of bread slathered with Nutella slapped on top of the peanut butter and bananas like this…
Okay, yep. This chocolate peanut butter banana sandwich is good. Actually it is delicious.
I ought to know. Because by the time I dropped Ethan and Kayli off at their parks & recreation afternoon activities, and I put my other two sick little girls down for naps, I was hungry. I made one of these sandwiches for lunch.
When I finished off the last bite I was seriously depressed. Because I am trying to be disciplined about what and how much I eat. As I sat in my chair reading the news on my iPad all I kept thinking about is how much I really just wanted to eat another one of these sandwiches. Talk about being tempted!
But I resisted. Until Peter called to let me know he was going to be working late and would not be home for dinner. Then just guess what I fixed the kids for dinner?! Let’s just say I got my share of “Thanks, Mom!” and kisses tonight! My kids enjoyed their dinners. Even if Inga DID end up wearing most of it!
If you haven’t tried the peanut butter, Nutella combo you totally should. And while you’re at it, throw in some bananas. I’m thinking you’re going to like it!
You may even want to try making grilled sandwiches.
The only thing better than Nutella, peanut butter & banana sandwiches may be GRILLED Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches.
I mean, come on. Look at that melted, ooey, gooey, peanut butter and melted chocolate over bananas. If that doesn’t make you want to fire up your panini grill, grab those jars of Nutella and peanut butter, and start peeling a banana then I don’t know what will!
Seriously, give them a try and let me know what you think. Please consider leaving a comment, sharing this post with others using the social media buttons below, and subscribing via e-mail to Practical MOMents so you don’t miss out on other tasty recipe ideas. You can also follow Practical MOMents on Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Slices of Whole-Wheat Bread
- *Optional: Butter for Grilling
- Spread one slice of bread with Nutella.
- On another slice of bread spread the creamy peanut butter.
- Slice a banana and layer the slices on top of the peanut butter.
- Cover the peanut butter and bananas with the slice of Nutella-coverd bread to make a sandwich.
- Gently slice and eat!
- Spread butter on one side each of two slices of bread.
- On the other side of one slice of bread, spread peanut butter.
- On the other side of the other slice of bread, spread Nutella.
- Slice bananas and layer them on top of the peanut butter.
- Cover the bananas and peanut butter with the other slice of bread, Nutella side down.
- Grill over medium heat on a griddle, flipping the sandwich once.
- Slice and enjoy!